Department: Project Services
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Reports to: Senior Attraction Install Advisor, Construction Manager
Attraction Install Advisor consults WW clients regarding the installation of Waterpark and Attractions equipment supplied by WhiteWater West Industries in conformance with WW engineering drawings as well as company and industry standards. This position is a blend of administrative tasks; training and advising client install crews and hands-on product assembly in an international construction environment. Assists Senior Attraction Install Advisor, coordinates and interacts with Attraction Coordinators, installers and internal professional team and customers. Attraction Install Advisors overtake independently small to midsize projects. This position requires an energetic, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Advising WW clients, subcontractors and internal/externals project managers regarding the best installation practices of Waterpark and Attractions equipment in conformance with WW engineering drawings as well as company and industry standards
- Striving for Customer Service Excellence and acting as the primary on-site liaison between the client and Whitewater West Industries
- Reporting of daily activity, including timecards and expenses, and progress on site to the applicable project manager and construction manager
- Inventorying of manufactured components and ensuring that the project manager is advised of any missing material prior to the start of construction
- Sequencing of work to ensure the most expeditious installation of materials in coordination with the client and other subcontractors
- Recruitment and supervision of local construction labour or subcontractors that will be assisting with the installation of WhiteWater equipment.
- Able to outsource material or rental of equipment on site. Identifying and pursuing any cost savings opportunities to the project manager and ensuring that installation timeframes are minimized wherever possible
- Usage of Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures
- Perform slide, attractions and or equipment inspections to ensure that it has been installed pursuant to the engineering drawings, site policies and industry standards and prepare detailed reports about the findings and certification/commission of rides in accordance to company policies and certification manual
- Practice 5S on site – Sort, Straighten Out, Shine, Standardize and Sustain the practice
- Usage of Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures Continuous improvement of self and team
- Respect for people with communication, consideration and cooperation
- Executing responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards within the country where work is performed
- Fosters a culture and leads the development/sustenance of Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies
- Maintain a healthy work environment by encouraging a team atmosphere working toward common goals and objectives and maintaining employee morale through ensuring company values and initiatives are communicated consistency and integrated throughout the organization
- Develops and leads corporate initiatives and goals, maintain best practices for operations including Customer Service, Quality, Lean Management and Safety
- Supports, administers and enforces company policies including, Corporate Purchasing Plan, Safety, Drug and Alcohol policy, Travel- and Expense regulations, Lean Initiatives and Quality standards in a consistent and fair manner ensuring best practices are followed
- Submits in minimum one CI idea card per year
- Attraction Coordinators
- Attraction Technician
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ construction site supervision experience
- Previous experience with an international equipment supplier an asset
- Education: Supervisory Skills Certificate and Trades Qualification (TQ) certification are preferred in the areas of carpentry, ironworking, electrical, surveying and/or welding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and MS Project software packages.
- Numeracy skills, to enable scaling of drawings, checking measurements/angles and doing calculations
- The ability to read engineering drawings and interpret their meaning for construction. Must be legally allowed to work in Canada and internationally
- Must be willing to travel extensively internationally and must have a valid passport and driver’s license
- Depending upon the jurisdiction and site rules, drug and alcohol testing may be required. English language proficiency is required. The ability to speak other languages including: Spanish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an exceptional ability to listen and collaborate to accomplish the project goals
- Being truly interested in the opinions and perspectives of our customers and their project teams
- Accustomed to working on busy jobsites with demanding schedules and very different international standards
- Cross Cultural Understanding with respect for people through communication, consideration and cooperation
- Interacts effectively within all levels of management and external contacts.
- Ability to encourage and ensure adequate performance of external service providers. Strong moral and ethical code
- Being respectfully, friendly and professional even in difficult situations. Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills
- Hands-on, role-up your sleeves, do whatever it takes to get the job done attitude
Thank you for your interest in this position!
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Include your cover letter and resume in your application with the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time.