Location: Shanghai, China
Reports to: Senior VP of Business Development, China
The Sales Manager in conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Business Development China and the Vice President Business Development China – Water Parks plays a critical role in the expansion of markets and business development in the region. The Sales Manager will be responsible for special market waterpark product sales and FlowRider sales in China. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining an ongoing relationship with clients throughout the project life cycle. This position requires an energetic, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Report quantitative and qualitative outcomes of assigned accounts
- Participate in regular update meetings with the Executive VP Business Development
- Collaborate with the SVP Business Development – China, to prepare and maintain up-to-date sales forecasts
- Refer opportunities to others as required
- Assist whenever required during the initial turn-on, testing and fine tuning of the product and in the maintenance and service training provided for the benefit of the customer
- Contact all customers to ascertain customer satisfaction with WhiteWater products, goods or services
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships at a senior level
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events as required
- Develop presentations and proposals for the acquisition of new business growth
- Build and maintain a comprehensive territorial customer list maintained in the company CRM system
- Obtain sales orders for products, goods and services and forward promptly to WhiteWater for approval
- Manage the sales pipeline in a proactive manner through prospecting, qualifying and closing opportunities
- Provide professional sales and marketing advice to potential customers & prospects in that territory
- Communicate with the sales team on sales progress through regular business review meetings, reports, and/or forecast calls
- Work with peers to develop cooperative supply/demand strategies for customers
- Review delivery activity to stay abreast of successes and issues
- Act as regional Company link with customer groups ensuring effective use of industry intelligence and input into company solutions
- Develope sales best practices to secure repeatable and expansive opportunities
- Participate in quarterly performance feedback reviews
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in international business
- 3+ years of sales experience in the amusement/leisure industry – strongly preferred
- Fluency in English and Mandarin— both verbal and written
- Additional language skills are advantageous
- Proven track record in target achievement (capturing and growing customer and market share)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Architecture preferred
- Must be self-motivated with excellent collaborative communication skills—both verbal and written
- Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic
- A demonstrated career interest in selling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and using CRM software
- Ability to travel domestically / internationally with a valid passport on a regular basis and on short notice
- Must be legally eligible to work in China
Thank you for your interest in this position!
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Include your cover letter and resume in your application with the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time.